Links

Obviously a welcome message but also a description of what this forum is about. Also a few tips about using the forum and associated pages.

Re: Links

Postby Neill on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi!
Do you mean that the system should automatically comb the forum for links and collate a list of them?
Or that people who add a link should also add it in another "links" thread?
The first may be doable but taken out of context, would the links mean anything?
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Postby Teiana on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:06 pm

we all still have access to delicious? it's simple enough to add any links you see in here to your own delicious dot com list.

's unneccessary fuss to make a separate section here. 's sectiony enough already.

we could make a 'everyone knows the name' systems-place 'delicious' list if you wanted? that'd be easy to set up...
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby jim_lewis1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:19 pm

that's a great idea, I find Delicious really useful for my own collections, but sharing our links under a common name for systems stuff that we all know would be very useful too.

I already save stuff with the course code as a tag, so these should be available if you search on T214 say, but there are things which are systems relevant but that don't easily fit the course code tag.

So now we need a name to identify our stuff.
Current OU study: A230
Studying towards: BA Humanities
Past OU Study: MBA (Tech Man), BEng/MEng (incl T214, T306) PG Dip EDM (incl T863, TU812), AA100, AXR272
(OU Systems courses)
jim_lewis1

Postby Ercesuzan on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 am

I'm going to give delicious another try this year. It started well for me but then I forgot about it.
All for now, take care
Ercesuzan

Postby scootrider on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 pm

I think we can already share our bookmarks in Del.icio.us by adding one another to our list of friends / fans. I know a couple of names from the T214 days but I can only recognise Pottyday from the forum.

Maybe there is a way of passing on our Del.icio.us names via this forum to signed in members or maybe we could just sign in to Del.icio.us using our Systems place membership name.

Any ideas which would be easier?
"It is better to do the right thing incorrectly than to keep doing the wrong thing better and better". Russell Ackoff (1995)
T214-08, T306-09, T206-10, U316-11
scootrider

Postby Teiana on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:54 pm

we could somehow create a delicious ID that was attached to the systems place and all know the name/sign in details? or wouldn't that work?
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Ercesuzan on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Seems like a good idea.
All for now, take care
Ercesuzan

Postby jim_lewis1 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 pm

but creating a separate delicious sign in name for all of us defeats the purpose of sharing through delicious.

the point is that we can sign in with our own name, but still access material shared by other people.

All we need are some tags that identify material shared by people from the systems place.

In fact the tag 'systems-place' ought to work perfectly adequately for anything that people want to share with people there.
Current OU study: A230
Studying towards: BA Humanities
Past OU Study: MBA (Tech Man), BEng/MEng (incl T214, T306) PG Dip EDM (incl T863, TU812), AA100, AXR272
(OU Systems courses)
jim_lewis1

Postby scootrider on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Jim

I have set up a delicious username of 'systemsplace' and have popped two sites on as a test with the tag "systemsplace". I agree all we need to do is add one another to our friends / fans list, on our individual username accounts, then we easily share any sites with the 'systemsplace' tag. (So it maybe be that the username 'systemsplace' in not needed).

If we all have a delicious account in the same name as our systemsplace username then we can easily add each other. Ot maybe we could share users names via the more secure OU firstclass or forum.
"It is better to do the right thing incorrectly than to keep doing the wrong thing better and better". Russell Ackoff (1995)
T214-08, T306-09, T206-10, U316-11
scootrider

Postby Neill on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello Jim!
maybe you could explain this in a little more detail.
I went to delicious and logged in.
The I went to subscriptions and added systemsplace (with add a subscription)
Now when I go to subscriptions I can see "Mental models musings" and something about Safari.
So far so good assuming they are your two tagged items.

So then I tagged a link to this forum with systemsplace and thought it would also appear in my subscriptions but it did not :-(
What am I doing wrong?
can anyone help?
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome!