Welcome to the "Systems Place"

Obviously a welcome message but also a description of what this forum is about. Also a few tips about using the forum and associated pages.

Welcome to the "Systems Place"

Postby Neill on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:41 pm

I hope none of you mind changing your bookmarks.
Welcome to the new domain.

So now we need a nice logo - any offers?

Have fun
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Re: Welcome to the "Systems Place"

Postby Chris Dann on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:53 pm

I think we need a logo based on a Systems map, but I haven't got any real ideas about it.
Chris :)
Chris Dann

Postby Chris Dann on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey
I'd forgotten that 'The Systems Place' was my idea, now I feel more pressure to think up a logo. :?
Chris
Chris Dann

Postby Neill on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Chris!
Nothing like a bit of pressure :-)
Does it bring back happy memories of T214?
The logo does not have to be that big. It will replace the phpBB logo that is currently there.
Have fun!
Neill
Neill Hogarth
T307-10
Neill

Postby Ercesuzan on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Ok so that's what has happened you have made changes Neill but for some reason I didn't get a message to say this had happened and was just given a 404 error message.

Maybe we will have lost some others and if you could send an email Neill to all your members that would ensure we were all up to date.
All for now, take care
Ercesuzan

Postby Neill on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Sue!

Sorry! That was not an attempt to lose any one. There was a message set up to show where we had gone but that only appeared if you visited the forums root and not if (as you did) bookmarked a page.

I have followed your suggestion and sent a "mass mail" to all the registered users.

have fun!
Neill
Neill Hogarth
T307-10
Neill

Postby scootrider on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 pm

I met with a chap last week who did T306 a few years ago. He draw a messy sketch on a post it note of a systems map inside a boundary, then he draw a eye on a stalk from the boundary line overlooking the systems map.

That was his visual interpretation of T306. He explained that it was the ability to follow your process then look at yourself and reflect on how you did the process in order to learn from it. I think that concept sums up systems practice pretty well.

I think the concept of a system map or ideally a learning cycle inside a boundary with an eye on a stalk overseeing the process may be a starting point for the site logo.

(I haven't submitted a sketch myself as I have very limited artistic ability :( and I currently have no facility to get a sketch online. It was really the concept of the logo that I wanted to suggest)
"It is better to do the right thing incorrectly than to keep doing the wrong thing better and better". Russell Ackoff (1995)
T214-08, T306-09, T206-10, U316-11
scootrider

Postby Chris Dann on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Well please don't look to me for anything more than a systems map. The artistic demands of a rich picture nearly had packing T214 in, so I don't see that my abilities are sufficient to put your ideas onto paper for a satisfactory logo. I'm sure there is someone out there who is a budding Da Vinci who can just scribble down exactly what we need. :lol:
Chris
Chris Dann

Postby Teiana on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Lately i have (as usual) been making myself annoying in the OU's 'start studying' forums in the student services workspace.
I just wanted to put a note here saying please, if you have wandered in here from there, please join us! All newcomers from the next intake of T214 especially welcome. Even if you just think it looks interesting, or you are looking for a way to join the dots between courses that don't necessarily look like an obvious combination.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Return to Welcome!