Some advice

Obviously a welcome message but also a description of what this forum is about. Also a few tips about using the forum and associated pages.

Some advice

Postby petrus on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi everyone

Am currently working on the T214 EMA and must admit I am finding it tough :( I was somewhat angry that we could not upload the EMA electronically. This has meant that I would have to send it by courier to Walton Hall at least 5 days before the deadline. Those 5 days were knocked off the preparation time for my EMA :x
I'm not sure whether to enrol for T306 or not which will be its last presentation next year. Would any of you recommend taking this course if one gets a Grade 3 in T214? How is T306? Is it very difficult? How is the exam? Is it interesting and relevant to someone working in IT?

Thanks in advance
Pierre
petrus

Re: Some advice

Postby Teiana on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm

i think this post isn't in the right place at all.

however i shall reply here maybe neill can move them.

the 'examinable works' always have to go in by hand/post. 's just how it is, everyone's in the same boat. i have to do that with my AA317 EMA.
you shouldn't need to courier it? surely just post is ok? if you're couriering it do they really need it 5 days in advance? I always hand deliver mine so i know it got there. i thought you weren't supposed to send it so it needed a signature on delivery but i could be wrong.
yes do T306. Actually the T214 EMA i found harder, so if you get through that you'll be in a good place to do T306. ALthough they are quite different.
I actually got a better grade in T306 than T214.
The exam was hard - i cried most of the way through. But i got a better mark than i expected.
It's not as relevant or interesting to 'working in IT' as you might want. or think. But i think it is very relevant to 'being a human being'.
One of the problems IT workers sometimes run into is talking to non-IT people about what they are doing, or trying to do. See the cartoon somewhere on the web about the swing designed by various people none of whom actually knew what it was meant to do.
If, as an IT person, you want to be better at talking to your customers, end-users, people from other departments, etc, then do T306. It will help with that. It won't make you better at IT, but it might make your IT better at being useful.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby petrus on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 am

My apologies for posting this here, but realised I was in the wrong place after having clicked on the Submit button. :oops:

Pierre
petrus

Postby Teiana on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 am

and i realised, after i posted, that you had realised, because you posted it elsewhere as well, so now we're both going to be in trouble.. :roll:
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby jim_lewis1 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:15 pm

are you outside the UK Petrus? if you're in the UK you can hand deliver to your local regional centre the day before the submission cut-off, (although I think we've lost a few regional centres this year)
Current OU study: A230
Studying towards: BA Humanities
Past OU Study: MBA (Tech Man), BEng/MEng (incl T214, T306) PG Dip EDM (incl T863, TU812), AA100, AXR272
(OU Systems courses)
jim_lewis1

Postby petrus on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 pm

No. I'm based in Malta :(
petrus

Postby Teiana on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 pm

how d'you make a maltese cross? take a week off the time he can do his EMA in.....
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Return to Welcome!