MCD

Systems seems to revolve around diagramming so this forum is designed to allow us to discuss this.

MCD

Postby Neill on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Something I thought about while working on the specimen paper

What system diagram to use to describe why I am on T306
Multiple Cause Diagram may be a good choice
But is a multiple cause diagram that leads some where OK? The ones we have done always go in circles.
A MCD showing how I got to T306 would be a "tree" diagram all leading to T306. More like a sign graph with causality.

Isn't the great thing about a MCD the way it turns back on its self and produces positive feedback loops?

Thanks
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Re: MCD

Postby jim_lewis1 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 am

Perhaps an influence diagram might be more appropriate. I agree that positive feedback loops are useful to find, but if they're not there, then they're not there.

However, I would have thought that having learned some systems concepts, applied them and then had positive experience of them, that you would have been motivated to learn some more concepts, apply them, etc. That sounds like a positive feedback loop to me.
Current OU study: A230
Studying towards: BA Humanities
Past OU Study: MBA (Tech Man), BEng/MEng (incl T214, T306) PG Dip EDM (incl T863, TU812), AA100, AXR272
(OU Systems courses)
jim_lewis1

Postby Neill on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 am

Great Point Jim!
Thank you. I had not considered it that way.
And yes you are correct.
Daily usage of systems concepts is what motivates me to continue learning which allows even more use which ...
I think you just gained me 1% in the exam.
:-)
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Postby Teiana on Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 am

http://agilecoach.typepad.com/agile-coa ... fects.html

[i have no idea what this website is on about or anything else about it, but i was searching the web for a diagram about the effects of exercise and while i didn't find one, i found this diagram, and stuck it here so i could look at it later, i was going to look at it to see what it was about. i just liked the photograph of the diagram.]
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Return to Diagramming