dear diary.

For anything that is not really to do with Systems - or at least so off topic as not to fit anywhere else.

Re: dear diary.

Postby Teiana on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

phase one of complex science experiment almost complete!
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Teiana on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:30 pm

right i can come back now. where were we? sorry i haven't been about much, all sorted now.
i'm trying to plan christmas. trouble is i am rather hoping it can be a low budget affair so it might mean i have to get creative!
how are you all?
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Teiana on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

how is it that when you fix one thing, another thing breaks? it seems odd. i wonder if fixing things faster is the answer or if things would just break faster.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Teiana on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

i said i was back and then sort of wandered off again, that's terribly bad form, sorry.

restless today, so much rain. flooding in driveway and garage. it's so dark, too, so much cloud we won't see the sun all day. i suppose i should be grateful that it isn't snowing. wish i had a fire to snuggle up in front of. they d/ced our gas fire because they said it wasn't safe. so there's only radiators and while i am eternally grateful for them they don't really cut it on a cold winters evening.
i must begin to get ready for christmas soon. you'd think there'd be some use in systems thinking that- after all christmas is a complex situation. i just know i will end up not doing anything until such time as there isn't time to get everything done!
i feel a bit disconnected having been out of the open university system for over a year now. i'm wondering if there are any courses i could do in january, might have to explore that. i did mean to look into the stuff MIT et al are putting online, it looks like there's plenty of stuff out there if one can just organise oneself to learn. trouble is i can't discriminate, everything looks interesting, and i end up doing nothing because i never have any idea which direction to run in!

i ought to put a little music on, that might fight off the precipitation and gloom of november.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby jsp_1983 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Teiana wrote: trouble is i can't discriminate, everything looks interesting, and i end up doing nothing because i never have any idea which direction to run in!

Good lord, that is exactly the problem with those courses. Signed up to about six on Coursera and three on Udacity. Haven't finished a single one of them. Probably not a great idea to attempt them alongside my OU stuff, either.
jsp_1983

Postby Teiana on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:20 pm

so, who's ready for christmas?? :)
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Teiana on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 am

i am sorry for not having posted in so long! life took an unexpected turn! right where was i ?

i am still struggling with 'forgetting to use systems thinking', not always, but it's a bit like the other day when my car wouldn't start so i ran to where i needed to be - except i can't run far, so i walked most of it and arrived late - i was halfway there before i realised 'bicycle!'. i'm sure if i had thought about the problem using systems thinking i could have just about arrived on time.
Teiana

Postby Teiana on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:48 pm

i'm still busy with a complex science experiment.. long way from finishing though.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby jsp_1983 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 am

I have battled against the T211 exam today. I believe I came out with the bloodier nose.
jsp_1983

Postby Teiana on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:54 pm

lol.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

PreviousNext

Return to Social Forum