Missing

For anything that is not really to do with Systems - or at least so off topic as not to fit anywhere else.

Missing

Postby Dave H on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm

I know Teiana is involved with her experiment and I hope it is going well but what has happened to Andrea and Jim. Do we need to send the search squads out.
Dave H

Re: Missing

Postby Teiana on Thu May 03, 2012 3:53 pm

it is very quiet around here....
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Neill on Sun May 06, 2012 11:20 am

I am finding that my new job is expanding to fill the available time.

I remember this happening each time I have taken on a new position.
The problem is that you need to deal with the daily operations but at the same time start to make the improvements that will eventually mean that life will be easy again.

An example is the change to digital book keeping. We estimate that it will be a half day extra work for one person for the next six months but after that we will save so much time that the time will be paid back.
Obviously short term we should just leave things as they are but if we do that, then things will never get easier.

So give me a few years and then I will be twiddling my thumbs again - hopefully.
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Postby jim_lewis1 on Fri May 11, 2012 9:07 am

hi,

well it is nice to be missed!

Mainly I have been extremely busy. I'm studying stage 1 of the MBA, (B716), and the final project course for the MEng, (T885), concurrently, (not planned this way, but hey ho).

Also, I managed to lock myself out of my account and the reinstatement procedure is horrible.

Neill, I think you need to find a different 'Captcha' as I'm damned if I can get it right without about 5 failed attempts.

Each time all entries are blanked again so I gave up a few weeks ago when I got locked out.

Anyway, I shall endeavour to get up to speed with what I've missed and play a more active role again here from now on.
Current OU study: A230
Studying towards: BA Humanities
Past OU Study: MBA (Tech Man), BEng/MEng (incl T214, T306) PG Dip EDM (incl T863, TU812), AA100, AXR272
(OU Systems courses)
jim_lewis1

Postby Neill on Sun May 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Jim,
Nice to see you back.
Sorry the process was so complicated.
It is the standard process as delivered "out of the box".
If you have time to research and implement something better, I can give you admin rights to the forum.
I am sorry but I really do not have time right now.
Neill
Neill Hogarth
T307-10
Neill

Postby Andrea on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:59 pm

apologies from me too for the absence on systems place. Leading on a research project, rather than just being a contributor, is a temporal blackhole – there is always an extra intervention that you can make to improve the situation! So all my spare time has been sucked away in this. I have 20 days of leave that I need to take before September and I think that for the first time in 10 years I won't be able to take any of it!!

I'll try my best to chip in though :-)
esse sequitur operari
Andrea

Postby Neill on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Just taking advantage of two days off at Christmas to say "I am still alive".
The new job sucked the whole year away. But since a month I have stopped bringing work home every night :-)
But then I got involved in a huge project that Andrea and friends are organizing.
And then I brought a tiny Linux server home to play with.
And then it snowed and the ski slopes are open.
Hope you are all having as much fun as I am.
:-)
Neill
Neill Hogarth
T307-10
Neill

Return to Social Forum