RESULTS ARE IN_ I OWE YOU ALL!!!

For discussions of the Open University's T214 Systems course.

RESULTS ARE IN_ I OWE YOU ALL!!!

Postby randomsock on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm

GOT DISTINCTION!!!
94% ECA - all excelent
I am so anxious I cant type

got distinction in t307 as well - 89% ECA

this means i only need to pass the lat two modules and I get first class honors degree!!
HAPPY...wishing you all well!

i would never have done so well without you!
randomsock

Re: RESULTS ARE IN_ I OWE YOU ALL!!!

Postby jamesWtc on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 pm

I got Grade 2 Pass....

Can't believe it is that easy. I only spent about 4 days to complete my ECA and I scored 74...! I could have scored Grade 1 IF I do my analysis well.... well.. that flawless hindsight. hahah....

Now can't wait to hit the mountains. Snow starts to fall.... my ski gears are ready :)
jamesWtc

Postby PJK on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Great work randomsock and jamesWtc.

Much to my surprise - I was hoping for a resit at best after that nightmare of an ECA - I've scraped a Distinction, too.

Looks like they've lowered the threshold - 82 and 83 for me - so someone might be able to explain how that works here. But to be perfectly honest I don't care all that much!

James, I'm in Gressoney la Trinite next week. I'll be the bloke upside down in the powder with a big smile and a large badge saying 'Distinction'. Enjoy your slopes.

Must say I found the words on Systems Place at least as helpful as anything on the official course.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. T215 next, but I'll be back to the cult when I'm ready to hit Level 3.

Paul
PJK

Postby jamesWtc on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

PJK wrote:Great work randomsock and jamesWtc.

Much to my surprise - I was hoping for a resit at best after that nightmare of an ECA - I've scraped a Distinction, too.

Looks like they've lowered the threshold - 82 and 83 for me - so someone might be able to explain how that works here. But to be perfectly honest I don't care all that much!

James, I'm in Gressoney la Trinite next week. I'll be the bloke upside down in the powder with a big smile and a large badge saying 'Distinction'. Enjoy your slopes.

Must say I found the words on Systems Place at least as helpful as anything on the official course.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. T215 next, but I'll be back to the cult when I'm ready to hit Level 3.

Paul

Right.... I would love to know too. My ECA was really badly done, to be honest. 2000 words, i barely did 1000 words, and I have 74%!

PJK, I will go to Saas-Fee in Valais region of Switzerland this Saturday as well. Can't wait... skiing down the slope with peach in mind :)

I can't stop smiling on my work desk here... haha
jamesWtc

Postby Neill on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Congratulations to all on passing.
It is rewarding to hear that the Systems Place helped.
I agree that it also helped me when I had enough or failed to understand something.

Now can't wait to hit the mountains. Snow starts to fall.... my ski gears are ready

It has already fallen and the lifts are open. My eldest was training to be a ski teacher on Sunday.

Tonight I am catching a plane to South Africa for a week for meetings with architects and production people (+30°C) and then I will be back to snow boarding (-7°C today).

:-)
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Postby llamagirl on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Well done everyone.
I got 95% in ECA, and a distinction, so am very happy!!!

Like others have already said, this a great forum and is so supportive, it really helped keep me going through the long, dark nights of the ECA!!

Good luck with your future studies everyone.
llamagirl

Postby Emma B on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Well done everyone, this forum was always really nice to have, as a seconf less formal place to chat with others.

This course just gave me my first distinction so really pleased, only one course to go till i have my Beng :)

Was watching ski sunday wishing i could go borading this year, but my car died on me last month so my snow boarding holiday money went on a new car instead :( so waiting patiently for next year. On the up side loving the new car at least!
Emma B

Postby randomsock on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:20 pm

congratulatiosn to all!!

i wonder...people who come here done well because they come here...
or peopel who come here simply seeked more info as they enjoyed the subject and that is why they done well..

maybe both
randomsock

Postby Richard on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am

Hey well done all!

I too got a distinction! Gobsmacked as thought I would be lucky to get Grade 2! I got 78% for the ECA and 82% for the OCAS so looks like they dropped the Grade 1 to around an 80% average of the 2 components.

Still not recovered enough to sign up to another course but this helps motivate me again!
Richard

Postby Pottyday on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 pm

randomsock wrote:i wonder...people who come here done well because they come here...
or peopel who come here simply seeked more info as they enjoyed the subject and that is why they done well..

maybe both

Sounds like a MCD might help...?
"I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde.
Pottyday

Next

Return to T214 - OurStuff