T214 2011 results are in

For discussions of the Open University's T214 Systems course.

T214 2011 results are in

Postby rutty on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Just found my result this morning - a Grade 2 pass. I am very, VERY pleased and relieved :D

I somehow managed to get 88% for the OES and might have been able to get a distinction if I hadn't made a complete mess of Block 2 (sorry Andrea). I found Block 1 much easier (Internet-related - right up my street) and although I did find the ecological stuff in Block 2 interesting I really didn't get the "systems thinking" bit right at all and missed the point of both TMAs.

Still, I have learned loads from the course and my ways of thinking have been changed for the better. I always try and think holistically about problems now and I do check in here from time-to-time (even though the course is finished) to see if anything new is being discussed.

I haven't posted here much but I have gained some inspiration from here and hope to continue with systems thinking post BSc (hons) in Computing and Systems Practice. Thanks for being here for having me.

Bring on T306!
rutty

Re: T214 2011 results are in

Postby Teiana on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:40 pm

congratulations! excellent news.
H.R.H. 8-)
Teiana

Postby Andrea on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Great to hear about your results, but I feel bad about what happened in Block 2. The block has a tendency to turn everything on its head -- with people that normally do well often struggling, while some individuals that usually get low scorers ending up with very high grades. It just works on a totally different part of the brain! :?
esse sequitur operari
Andrea

Postby rutty on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Andrea wrote:Great to hear about your results, but I feel bad about what happened in Block 2. The block has a tendency to turn everything on its head -- with people that normally do well often struggling, while some individuals that usually get low scorers ending up with very high grades. It just works on a totally different part of the brain! :?

No need to apologise at all. I now get what that block was asking for, I just didn't when I was actually answering the TMAs ;)

A distinction would have been nice but the learning experience is far more important, and I have learned more on this course than just about any other. A huge thanks to you and the other course authors for what I personally thought was a fine, if difficult, course.
rutty

Postby Neill on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Congratulations Rutty!
Enjoy T306
Neill
Neill Hogarth
Life is not a practice [www.hogarth.de]
T307-10
Neill

Return to T214 - OurStuff